Saturday, November 16, 2013

CHALLENGE UPDATE AND SOME OTHER STUFF

Well, I promised to update you on my progress so here goes.

I am on day 14 so I have 10 days left of my AdvoCare 24 day challenge. I have done it without even looking at the checklist. That tells me two things...I have done it so many times I don't need a checklist and that I know what I am supposed to do to lose and maintain a healthy body and weight. I don't need a special "diet" or "program". All I need is to eat clean and use the high-quality nutritional and wellness products AdvoCare provides. I have not been hungry at all. I have really eaten alot. I eat five times a day. Three meals, two snacks. I have come up with some new creative things to eat during the max phase to change things up a bit. Breakfast this morning consisted of a sliced banana with natural peanut butter and granola on top. It was delicious! I have not had anything but water, spark, and a tiny bit of Trop 50 OJ (It's great 50 calories, less sugar. A must try!) No, I have not popped a top just to hear the sound either. Thought about it, decided I wasn't strong enough to handle it. I plan on going all the way to Christmas without one! Then we will go from there. I also tried some vegetable stir fry the healthy way. You just steam in the micro a few minutes to get tender then toss them around on the stove top in a dab of olive oil until the edges are seared slightly, that's how I like it anyway. So great! I even hosted a jewelry party and survived without breaking the rules. Which reminds me that no matter what is going on I can choose to eat right, and plan.

As of day 10 I was down 8 pounds (well 7.8 to be exact but I rounded up, ha!) I clearly need a pedicure and need to change that hideous polish, so excuse that. I am down some inches too...ok several inches but I am saving that for day 24 for you guys. (Insert a squeal here) I haven't had time to exercise due to my extremely busy schedule. I plan to start running again today. Walking, jogging, then running is what helped me drop weight to begin with and I am determined to do a 5K somewhere in 2014. It is a great stress reliever too believe it or not. I did scrub my house top to bottom this week which I think should more than count for exercise. Vacuuming,  sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, etc. must do something because I was sore the next day!


My sister-in-law and I got a wild hair to go Brunette for the fall and winter yesterday. This would be my sister-in-law that I have been able to talk into cutting her hair with me, growing her hair out with me, but NEVER changing the color of her hair. Literally, I only know her with blond, blond hair. I am so proud of her for going out on a limb and trying something different. She looks amazing!

I wanted the new Ombre look myself so my amazing hairdresser Pam put just enough blond accent in there to blend with my Luxy hair extensions (in dirty blond) to give me an amazing Ombre look with them. I also have a great fall look in brown with red and blond accents without the Luxies. PERFECT! 





I purchased this little jewel at a consignment store on Hwy 491 called Lanie Bugs. I have been looking for a piece like this for my kitchen for several years! I love it! It could not have been more perfect for my kitchen.  I plan on painting the bottom of my barn table and bar stool seats to match the turquoise soon. I wanted a new kitchen table but my Papaw helped me pick it out when I first got married and it has years of homework marks, and tiny scratches from the boys that I just can't part with. The buffet/hutch makes a perfect serving piece for parties or just to display my favorite kitchen things. Bought a Rooster at "Frank Tank's" this past week too. I never thought I would like using a "rooster" for decorations but he was the perfect colors for my kitchen so I brought him home with me. 

I will be back in a few days to update you guys on how I am doing at the end of the week closer to day 24. Right now I am just ecstatic that my jeans button again after just 13 days. I also have some fall OOTD's to catch you up on. Side note: Super happy about watching the new Superman movie tonight, I a slight Super Hero obsession, in case you didn't know. Happy Saturday all!




No comments:

Post a Comment