Friday, April 4, 2014

LEAN IN 13...FINAL RESULTS

DAY 7/FRIDAY
BURN DAY

The power was out due to a storm. I started to just take a rest day. Then I changed my mind. As soon as the power came back on I went ahead and did my Can You 24 Power Yoga Flow workout. It was only 26 minutes and I had to wait on my kids uniform shorts to dry anyway. Why? Because they were out of clean uniforms on Thursday night I put them on to wash right before bed. Doesn't everyone do that? I weighed this day. Since beginning my weight loss journey three years ago I have weighed on Friday mornings whether I was challenging or not. I know, I know...I am not supposed to focus on the scales. I just know when I don't weigh I let things slide. So it's not that I am necessarily looking for a "loss" every week, more just to not gain. So we weighed. I am not telling you what I had lost at this point. You can check that out below but Chad lost 7.5 pounds since the Friday before. I am so proud of him. He has worked out consistently, eaten healthy, and taken his AdvoCare products. It paid off and I couldn't be happier for him.

For breakfast through lunch I followed the same food/snack/product routine as previous burn days. For lunch I had fish tacos from Hardees. Although it was an act of congress to get them without cheese, southwest sauce, or a shell I eventually got my order. In other words I wanted fish, lettuce, and salsa. That also included a trip to the car with them, checking them and going right back in because they still had cheese on them. I mean really. I was totally apologetic. I explained when I requested them this way I had a strict diet and it may sound crazy. They never once said I am sorry for not getting it right twice and for me waiting almost 20 minutes to get them because the guy "didn't know how to make them without a shell". I was frustrated but I was nice and smiled and said I was sorry again and got a smirk back. If they weren't the only place in town with grilled atlantic cod I would not go back. Oh yeah and if they didn't taste AH-MAZING! 


I think I can make something similar to this at home. Let's face it though, I have to eat out. We are extremely busy and I have to do what I have to do. 

We had a fishing tournament at our church this weekend that Chad and I served at. It was a fish fry and they had full out church food including dessert and by dessert I mean banana pudding. I am soooooo proud of my husband and I. We took leftover fajita chicken and warmed it up to eat. The church had green beans. I am not sure if they were prepared exactly according to our "plan" but we drained them and only ate about a cup worth. Go us! I only smelled the banana pudding.

DAY 8/SATURDAY
REFUEL DAY

I had the same for breakfast through lunch I followed the same food/snack/product routine as the previous refuel day, except the fruit at the mid-morning snack time. For lunch I had the rest of the fajita chicken and 1/2 cup brown rice. I had a little variation from the plan this day which I was not happy about but I did the best with what I had. I had two hardboiled eggs for my protein this afternoon. I didn't want to run totally out of muscle gain shakes before my order came in but still needed to make sure I got protein in at this time. I saved the shakes I have left for weekdays since that is easier. Again, not exact, wasn't what I wanted to do, but it was my best option. Since I could have fruit this day and I didn't have one with my almonds during my mid-morning snack I had a "cuties" orange for a mid-afternoon snack.

Today was abs and arms day. I used the supplemental workouts from the Can You 24 Level 2 workout series. The arms workout incorporates the exercise ball and resistance band. The core workout incorporates the ball. That dreaded ball that I fell off of and made bounce to the ceiling and roll to the living room the first time I tried one of these workouts with it. I am happy to report I am much better using it and actually enjoy the workouts that I use it with. Amazing how about a month of keeping at something changes how well you do it. Just keep working, just keep working.
For supper I had baked Tilapia and a sweet potato. It was heavenly.

DAY 9/SUNDAY
BURN DAY

I had the opportunity to sing with a sweet friend and fellow church member on Sunday. I had to get to church to practice and review my Sunday School lesson so I didn't get my workout in before church. For breakfast through lunch I followed the same food/snack/product routine as previous burn days. For lunch I had steamed broccoli and three chicken breast tenderloin strips that I grilled on the George Foreman. I have really used this a lot lately and I am loving it! Mid-afternoon I had a spark. I totally and completely forgot my mid-afternoon protein! I know, how in the world. I ran 2.5 miles then quickly got ready for choir and ran out the door before remembering. For supper I had a turkey burger with no bun and green beans. I got a little hungry after my supper so I had one tablespoon of natural peanut butter. I am not sure if I should or shouldn't have it. I have gotten conflicting answers for this but I had it and it was devine!

DAY 10/MONDAY
BURN DAY

Today was Shred Total day from  the Can You 24 Level 2 Workout Series. LOVE IT! There is only one exercise in the whole routine that I just can't make my body do yet (reverse burps) and only three that I have to modify (all push up activities). I am kicking booty and taking names!
For breakfast through lunch I followed the same food/snack/product routine as previous burn days. For lunch I had...okay now let me just say I ate this. I wasn't happy about it. I am pretty sure I will never ever have it again. Spinach, boiled eggs, and tuna. I know...I was just trying to change it up a bit. My thoughts were tuna salad. You know like they serve in the cafeteria over lettuce. Well I don't really care for regular lettuce but I love spinach. I tried to kill it with a little mustard because that's all I knew to do. Again, I ate it. It wasn't the worst thing I have ever eaten, but it sure wasn't the best and I won't try that combo again if I don't have to. For supper I had shell-less tacos made with lean ground beef served over a bed of spinach and topped with salsa. This was a very nice change!




Since Chad is on a slightly different eating plan than I am on I added a whole grain tortilla shell and a side of rice. He was happy, happy, happy.


DAY 11/TUESDAY
BURN DAY

Today was run day 2 for the week. I struggled. I'm sore, tired, and just had a really hard time getting in motion. I did it though. For breakfast through lunch I followed the same food/snack/product routine as previous burn days. For lunch I had shell-less fish tacos from Hardees again, they are not pausing in silence or asking as many questions as they did before. Maybe they will learn how to remove the shell and cheese eventually.


For supper my sweet hubs made special oven baked chicken. He mixed up spices and worked really hard to make it perfect. He had his over rice, I had mine over steamed broccoli. It was delicious.
FYI: A man cooking in the kitchen is hot. I am not talking about the oven either! ;)


DAY 12/WEDNDESDAY
REFUEL DAY
It was HUMP DAYYYYYYYY OR AS I CALL IT YOGA DAYYYYYYYY. I feel so much better after a great stretch and yoga workout. The Power Yoga Flow workout on the Can You 24 Level 2 series is the bomb.com!
For breakfast through lunch I followed the same food/snack/product routine as previous refuel days. For lunch I had an AdvoBar. For supper I had baked tilapia and a sweet potato. Did I mention how much I love a sweet potato? Well just in case. They are so good. I have never loved them more than I have after three burn days!
On top of it being yoga day I got a pedicure too. Yes, I am the princess! :)


It was also Bible Drill night for our children and youth at Antioch. I am so proud of each and every one of them. Especially these two! 


For whatsoever things are written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Romans 15:4



DAY 13/THURSDAY
BURN DAY

Wow. Day 13. I can't believe it is here. And I am still alive. Just kidding. I thought that to start with but really it was not that bad. I am in a routine and I am happy with the choices I am continuing to make.  For breakfast through lunch I followed the same food/snack/product routine as previous burn days. For lunch, you guessed it, shell-less, cheese-less fish tacos! I just love the way they taste. I did not have a bit of trouble ordering either! Yay for Hardee's! For supper I made the "egg muffins" I made few days ago again. This time I added chopped spinach to mine and topped them with salsa. So delicious!
Recipe on What's for Supper tab.

FINAL RESULTS/FRIDAY
TREAT DAY

I am headed to Nashville for a beautiful wedding of an amazing young woman that inspires me all of the time. She recently signed up as an AdvoCare distributor and finished her first challenge, including following the Lean in 13 regimen during the MAX phase. So proud of her and can't wait to read and share her blog with you once she returns from her honeymoon! I also can not wait to show you my beautiful dress and awesome shoes I am wearing to the wedding! #EXCITED!  I am going to be very good while out of town but I am planning on a"treat" for myself while there. That treat will not involve a soda of any kind. I have been 47 days without one and I have not intentions of allowing Diet Coke to suck me back in. How many times have you heard, well read, me say "Hello, my name is Kellie, I am addicted to diet coke"? It is a TRUE STORY! I have a problem and it is one that I know I can't just have a little taste of because that little taste is all I need to push me back off the edge. I know me and I know this is true for me. Is it for you? I can't answer that. You have to. I am hydrated and satisfied with water. Whenever I feel like I am not I drink a Spark. When I say satisfied I also mean mentally satisfied. My body is thanking me for the water it is now getting my body is satisfied. My mind still needs some work so it is one day at a time.
Side note: My awesome husband lost another 2.5 pounds this week. He's at 10 pounds in two weeks! Go Chad go!

Just a reminder of my DAY ONE measurements, weight, and photos.

TOTAL LOSS FOR MY FIRST LEAN IN 13: 6.4 POUNDS AND 13.75 INCHES
LOVE MY ADVOCARE. 
It isn't magic but AdvoCare helps me to get the most of the work I am putting in. The results prove that.





The jeans don't lie! Hello size 8's oh how I have missed wearing you, especially without fear of taking someone's eye out with the button!



 Ok, so this is my #flexbreak is brought to you by AdvoCare... because even though it is very tiny and you may need a magnifying glass there is a line there defining my biceps. So BAM!


AdvoCare....We Build Champions!

I will be posting along the way to keep you updated on this journey and I will add these results to my Weight Loss Journey tab soon. I plan to do another cleanse and Lean in 13 in May. 

I will leave you with this today:

I am made for more. I owe it all to Him.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do and He will establish your plans. Proverbs 16:3

I want the flowers, I will do the work.










No comments:

Post a Comment