Friday, August 16, 2013

Dare to be different...


So, I created Fashion File as much for myself as anyone. I was talking to mama, well texting, last night and I told her that I really liked "blogging" that it was kind of like scrap booking online. She responded with "So true, and with no glue". She is so creative and inspirational. She has been blogging for years and told me I needed to try it. She is a Techie Nanna. Ha, how funny is that? But seriously, what better way to put all of your ideas, thoughts, and dreams in one spot?

While adding things to the Fashion File I felt it was important to share a little of me with each section. Like why I think leggings are great, or admitting that I am completely obsessed with animal print and shoes. Animal print shoes...now that's a whole other story! That it really is okay to wear cowboy boots with pretty much everything.

I also created it for my friends. I have so many precious friends that always compliment my outfit, jewelry, shoes, whatever. People constantly ask me where I shop and tell me they need me to go shopping with them to find that perfect outfit. That is so fun for me. Maybe they can take some of the things I post and put an outfit together or get brave enough to step outside the box and wear something different.
Also, my sweet, hard-working friends that own some of the wonderful stores I love to shop in. I talk about them because most are small, home-town, one or two owner businesses. Small business owners need our support to make it in this day and time. I don't know them all but I know a couple of them personally and they work so hard to provide their customers with trendy, fashionable, modern clothing! Hats off to them for taking a chance and making us look beautiful in the process!

I by no means think I am the most fashionable person, nor am I any type of authority on fashion. I just like clothes and everything that goes with them, plain and simple.

Fashion is as much about who you are as it is about what's in style. It is one way that I have always been able to express myself with. I hope you enjoy my Fashion File and follow me on Instagram @kmpenson for "Outfit of the Day" (#OOTD) posts.

"A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous". ~ Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment