Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Workin Girl Wednesday

Hey Friends! So most of you know that I am "on a mission" between now and my birthday, September 25th. I just know for sure my sweet friend Sarah is going to make my favorite homemade strawberry cake and I definitely plan on having some. So, when I finished my challenge this time I made the commitment to stay focused with my diet and exercise all the way to my birthday. I have been eating in at lunch every day, which gets really old and monotonous sometimes. Today I had a special treat and got to go to lunch with my mom and her BFF Mrs. Mary. I love that they come to our little town of Philadelphia to check out the stores and shop. We went to City Limits in Philadelphia. Now normally i would have gotten an appetizer called Cheese Sticks. Which are actually huge fried balls of cheese in marinara sauce, yes I said huge balls of fried cheese. I guess they didn't want to call them Cheese Balls on the menu. Anyway, a salad, because their house salad is AH-mazing, and wait for it...Shrimp-N-Grits. They are phenomenal! Maybe some fried craw fish tails as well. Today, however,  I ordered Surf-N-Turf which is an 8 oz sirloin and grilled shrimp on top. I had a side of steamed veggies instead of the potato. I also had the house salad but I dipped my fork in the dressing on the side. I even turned down their hot, buttery rolls! Go me! It was just as satisfying and really just as good. I am not saying I will never eat Shrimp-N-Grits or Fried Cheese "Sticks" or balls whatever, again, I mean lets be honest, it's Shrimp-N-Grits. I am just staying focused and determined to reach my goals! Mini victory for me! Kellie-1, Food-0!

 Today I wore one of my most favorite tops. I love royal blue. I don't wear it often since I feel like somewhat of a traitor (cross town rivals are red and royal blue) but I figure it doesn't hurt every now and then. Top is from Charming Charlie's, Pants from Express, Shoes from the Shoe Department. They are from Fergie's shoe line "Fergaliscious"...And that they are. Peep toe black pumps are my fav! Make sure you follow me on Instagram @kmpenson to see my #OOTD posts as part of my Fashion File page!








Tonight we have the last night of Wonderful Wednesday Revival at our church. I will be singing the solo part of the song "Blessed Messiah, My Redeemer" with the choir. It is a beautiful song and I am so excited to have a new one to sing. Great way to end Wednesday for this workin' girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment