Saturday, September 14, 2013

Let's Catch Up!

This week has been crazy busy. I will start with Tuesday...

Tuesday, after work would be when I was frantically trying to clean my house because I had a Girl's Night Spa scheduled at my house on Thursday. You see when you are as busy as we are you tend to treat your house like a hotel. Come in, throw your stuff down, eat, shower, sleep, get up, get dressed, leave, and repeat. It was looking like the "maid" forgot to show up. Needless to say, I couldn't do any talking on Tuesday!

Since I am the maid at my house I took a personal day off of work on Wednesday to to finish cleaning. I will spare you that Workin' Girl Wednesday Outfit of the Day. I am pretty sure you all have an old pair of "ratchet" shorts and one of your husband's old baseball t-shirts with bleach stains that you wear to clean in. I am also pretty sure you don't care to know where mine was purchased either. I did post an #OOTD #WorkinGirl outfit at the bottom from today.


SHOUT OUT TO THE HUBS:
So, Chad worked like hired help this week to help me get the house in decent shape inside and out. To me there is nothing hotter than a man that will run a vacuum as well as a lawnmower. Love and appreciate you Chad:)


LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION

My precious friend Rebecca had asked me to be in another commercial for her amazing boutique, Glitz & Glamour. Clean house or not, I wasn't going to miss that! I finished as much as I could, hid some stuff in the closet, and started getting ready for the commercial. I went to Meridian to shoot the commercial. It was so much fun. We went to City Hall for the shoot. I personally thought it was really cool to have the opportunity to be in a commercial shot at the City Hall building of my Hometown. All of the "Glitz" girls were so "Presh" as Rebecca says. She had each of us styled perfectly. I love that she has clothes for all ages, shapes, and sizes. She is not afraid to think outside the box and bring a great look to her Meridian girls. She has some amazing new fall pieces in! You must like her on Facebook and definitely go by if you have the chance.


Here is the finished product! Look for it during Dancing With the Stars
next week on WTOK Channel 11!


Here are some pics from the shoot!













#OOTD #FASHIONFILE #GLITZGIRL

                                   Dress by Uncle Frank/Ivy Jane boots by Nature Breeze

Thursday night I hosted a Beauty Control Spa for a very sweet Friend, Spa Lady Lisa. I spent two hours with some precious family and friends doing facials, treating our skin to hand scrubs, lotions, and detox treatments. It was so nice to just chill. We had a great time and my niece Hailey Brooke snagged some funny photos while we had our lip "masks" on. I would put the other pics up but they may never come back to my house again if I do! HA! If you have never hosted a SPA DO IT! Lisa is a fabulous Spa Lady, she would love to help you and your girl friends spend a relaxing night together. You will be refreshed and so glad you did it! I can give you her contact info just ask!




Friday was School picture day and GAME DAY. I have not felt 100% this week. Probably due to running in MS heat in the middle of ragweed blooming season on Monday. I don't want to get worse and sitting out in the night air would not have been good. So no Game Day Glam for me this week. I spent the afternoon with my Lan Man just chillaxin' and watching movies. We watched the Life of Pi. It was an amazing movie. I highly recommend it to watch with your children. I was with my Tornadoes in spirit though. They played their hearts out last night. Tough loss but our heads are high and so is our spirit! #GOPHILLY #ALLTHEWAYTOSTATE

This leads us to today, Saturday. It is beautiful here in Mississippi today. College Football day! (Roll Tide Roll) Chad and I are hosting movie night for the Children's Ministry at church tonight. Our theme, football! The kids will dress in their favorite team apparel. We will have games, face painting, a bible story, hot dogs and snacks, and watch Air Bud: Golden Receiver. Can't wait to spend some time with my little munchkins!

I will try to do a better job blogging next week. I haven't had time to blog, or to exercise. I was kind of beating my self up about this but according to the My Fitness Pal Ap cleaning burns calories. I have burnt some calories this week! Being honest again...when I am not feeling great it is so hard for me to exercise and stay on track with my diet. I just want to taste food, mostly food that is not on the "plan". Does anyone else have that problem? I am back on my Arms mission starting today. I am running out of time. I may have to extend my goal deadline. Which leads me to my final thought for the day. I had a long conversation with someone yesterday about taking it a day at a time, a meal at a time, a choice at a time. Looking at the overall can be overwhelming at times. If you had told me two years ago that I would have lost 76 pounds and be any where near the size I am not, or at the fitness level I am at I would have laughed in your face. Truth is, I never really thought that I was capable, that I had that kind of will power. I didn't really set out to lose a certain amount, or be able to run 2 or 3 miles non-stop. I started out wanting to lose some weight, get control of my blood pressure, and be more happy in my clothes. Those little steps turned into strides, the strides into a jog, the jog into a run. The thing is there is no finish line. It is a non-ending marathon. Some days you sprint, others you drag yourself 5 inches. It's not the end of the world if you have to adjust your goals, it's a lifelong process. The important thing to remember is that any movement forward is movement in the RIGHT direction. You can do this, I can do this. One step at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment