Tuesday, September 3, 2013

TALK TO ME TUESDAY


Proverbs 16:7 
When a man's ways please the Lord,
    he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. 

It's rivalry week in our hometown. Friday night, Philadelphia and Neshoba Central High School will face off in a hometown rivalry game at Neshoba Central. This is the first time in 3 years. For Talk to me Tuesday I wanted to talk about character and leadership. We need to remember, as adults, that we have a lot of eyes on us. Even when you think they aren't watching or listening. If I watch my boys, most of the time, they will look to Chad or myself before they react to situations. What are they looking at? To see how we react. How do they react when we aren't around. More than likely the way they have seen us react. Since it's rivalry week I wanted to remind myself and all of my sweet friends and family at both schools that this is a game. How we behave at home and in front of our children about this game will dictate a lot of their behavior, both around us, and when we aren't around. Sure, there will be some knuckle heads that will probably say  or do something dumb, but how we react to it is where our character should kick in. I'm talking to myself here too. There is nothing wrong with good ole' rivalry banter. We just need to remember that there are ears and eyes on us. They need us to be leaders for them, not instigators.





























Hmmmm. Attitude check! Smart man...



With that being said...ROLL MIGHTY TORNADOES ROLL!





#OOTD #SPIRITWEEK 
#PHILLY #TWINDAY

Polo shirts by Ralph Lauren from Dillards, My jeans are NY&Co Skinny Ankle
Jeans in regular wash, Peyton's jeans are vintage wash by American Eagle, My (favorite)
 Boots (brown with turquoise trim) are from Name Brand Discount Shoes in Meridian, MS (the brand is worn off), His boots are Durango's from The Neshoba County Co-Op.

Shout out to Hailey Johnson, married to the brother of one of my best friends growing up, for pinning the Polo and Pearls idea to Pinterest. I love her Pinterest pins! I am obsessed with this look and plan on wearing this more often to work. This is the perfect way to make a traditional "boyish" looking button down polo become feminine and dressy.
Polo by Ralph Lauren from Dillards, Necklace and matching earrings by Premier Jewelry,
and bracelet from Jewelry Just 4 Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment