Thursday, September 5, 2013

PEACE MAN



It was Hippie Day today for Rivalry Spirit Week. This, by far, is my most favorite dress up day. I could have been a flower child. I have always loved 70's fashion. Braids, bo-ho, flowing materials in amazing prints and patterns.  Here are a few pics of some bohemian inspired clothing with a modern twist...I want every piece! 

Top left and bottom right from Glitz & Glamour. Middle row from top to bottom from Deep South Pout. Middle right from Material Girls. Middle left by Flying Tomato's website. 
Bottom left braid Jennifer Aniston, top right braid Nicole Ricci. 


Love the headband look like my niece Hailey Brooke is wearing in the pic below. I have my Papaw Harrison's ears...which means if I do this I have to tuck my ears into my headband. Not crazy about that so I don't wear mine this way often but I think it is PRESH!



I went for the Daphne from Scooby Doo look for Hippie Day at school today. Shout out to my little cousin Courtney (and her Mama Tawanna, Courtney is away for college at MSU) for letting me borrow this precious dress!

 This was, is, will always be my most favorite cartoon of all time. I have loved Scooby-Doo my whole entire life. My kids love it too. Like seriously! 


Kinsey, Kaelin, and I on Hippie Day. Love these two amazing, sweet girls!


Mrs. Lenetta (front office secretary) and I on Hippie Day


Peyton and I on Hippie Day. He changed his mind at the last minute and decided to participate. We borrowed it from my sweet niece Hailey, literally got it out of their mailbox driving down the road headed to school. Lol, he's not much of the "hippie" type. Yesterday was more his zone.


Me with my little Hippie. Funny story about this kid. I told him I had a tie dye shirt for him to wear for Hippie Day (Awesome shirt btw, we love Mark & Melanie and M4 Children's Camp). He said that is not hippie mama. I said why not. He said he needed army green, an American flag or something camo. I said why in the world would you think you needed to dress like that. He said well was it not when we fought in Vietnam? Wow! How many 10 year olds would think it through that deep. Smart kid y'all, smart kid. It took some convincing but he finally agreed to wear tie dye. 

I am so blessed to have a job in the school where my kids attend. I am sure it gets annoying to them at times, but I get to be a part of so much. It is amazing that I am not so annoying when they need "Mama". There is no amount of money, no title or position, no ladder worth climbing that could take the place of these precious memories. 

#OOTD #HippieDay #RivalryWeek #Philly



No exercise today, it is rest day...Well, I am not sure you call it rest. I have a list a mile long to get ready for tomorrow's spirit day and then game day clothes for all of us. Since we don't live in town where the school is it is like moving and storage on Fridays because I have to bring everything to get us ready with me on Friday mornings to work. Doesn't matter though because the point is tomorrow is Friday and the weekend is almost here! Peace out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment