Monday, September 9, 2013

MOVE IT MONDAY

HITTING THE PAVEMENT

Well I can definitely say that I "moved" it today. We participated in MS FCA's MS Glowing for Christ Cross Walk over 11 miles of Neshoba County, with 18 student Athletes. We started at Stallo and ended up at the Court House Downtown. What a way to show that they are not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ! No, i didn't walk or run the 11 miles. The kids divided in groups of two and alternated turns throughout the whole trek carrying a cross on foot. Most all of our kids jogged their entire time. I did however, run, walk, and sweat. Have you people been to Mississippi in September?
All smiles at the start! 
 

My son Peyton and his friend Cody, or C- Ody as they call him, started off with a bang. They took off like they were in a relay race. Our intention was to walk behind them and the vehicle carrying the other kids and get in and out and rest in between transitions. This, however, did not happen to start with. Because they went so fast, so did the vehicles. So for about two miles Chad and I were pretty much sprinting up the highway. It was a site! I do have to mention that I was pretty proud of myself. I have never, ever been able to "hang" with Chad when he runs. I held my own, wasn't completely winded, pushed myself, and was actually okay.   

INSERT ADVOCARE COMMERCIAL: 3 CATALYST AND A SPARK PRIOR TO TAKE OFF!

I could have gone further but there was no way to catch those kids and I needed my eyeballs on them. Luckily, Wesley (our school athletic trainer) came up and asked if we were running the whole 11! Chad said it wasn't luck, he was praying Dear Lord send someone in a truck to pick me up! He said it was like an angel just appeared from Heaven. We spent the rest of the day in the back of a truck making pics, encouraging kids, and having a great, sweaty, time! It was a blessing to be a part of this event. Makes me want to really start training hard for my first 5K. I believe I can do it now, that it is possible. I know I have some work to do to train but I am closer than I have ever been to committing to one! Chad was super happy about being in the truck at this point! 


My hat blew off and landed in the middle of the Highway! Thanks MK for picking it up and bringing it to me! 

Peyton and Cody carrying the Cross again once we made it closer to town.




The entire student body at PHS and PJH came out to support our FCA students!



I am one proud Soccer mom. Peyton is first and foremost a Christian. He is a Varsity Athlete in Soccer & Track. He is also on the Archery Team and trying out for the bowling team.


They were still all smiles at the finish! Proud of each of them for doing this today!

Way to go MS Fellowship of Christian Athletes for sponsoring this across the entire 82 counties of our great state! They may have taken our God out of schools but they can't take Him out of our hearts.  Thank you so much to Jason Wells, District 4 Director for getting out and carrying the cross with our kids! I especially want to thank Coach Adam Huddleston for being our FCA leader at Philadelphia and getting this together for our kids. Special thanks to Wesley Haggard for picking up us two hitchhikers! 

So for anyone that says "Oh I can't run", or "I'm not a runner"...I am not a runner either, I thought I couldn't run too. Our bodies are amazing and if conditioned properly it is pretty cool how much we are capable of! It's Monday so MOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment